Monday, May 5, 2008

Sprechen sie Deutch?

Miscommunication is a given for me in Austria, I don’t speak German! Sometimes it is frustrating but mostly it is just really funny. Take for example, the time, just last Friday morning, that I went downstairs to talk to Oma and Opa. I was there to set up a day of the week for my roommate and I to eat dinner with them. Oma speaks more English than her husband, but she was in the shower. So I was telling him “We would like to come to dinner on Tuesdays. Is that ok?” He seemed confused and kept telling me his wife would be out of the shower soon… It was a little awkward so I kept talking to him about it. Finally he sits down at the table beside me and says, “ My English is not so good but you say you want two steaks for dinner?” I didn’t laugh then but I giggled the entire three flights walk up to my room…

2 comments:

Brittany Seager said...

haha i can see it now! i love it. I am laughing. I love your bangs!! "i got bangs, my hair is so now..." haha love you

Erin Jane said...

COME HOME!